Tuesday 3 June 2014

Review No.13: Here, There Be Dragons - James A. Owen



Genre: Fantasy - Dragons / YA

Edition: Hardcover

No. of Pages: 326

Published on: September 26th, 2006

Published by: Simon & Schuster

Source: Library

Series?: The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica #1

Get this book on Amazon



Description: The murder of John's mentor brings together three stranger; John, Charles and Jack. On a rainy night in London, during the first World War, a strange little man called Bert tells them that they are the Caretakers of the Imaginarium Geographica. Hunted by terrifying creatures, the companions flee, in a ship known as The Indigo Dragon, to the Archipelago of Dreams. They must learn to trust each other and their imaginations as they fight the dark forces that threaten the fate of both worlds.

What I think about it: I loved this book! It was so easy to read and so light but heavy with content at the same time. From the first page, I was hooked. It was absolutely wonderful. The world-building was stunning and enchanting. The story was fast paced and captivating. The characters were relatable and I actually cared about them as if I'd known them all my life. The ending, omg, THE ENDING!!!!! I think you should read this book just because of that ending, it was totally unexpected and oh, there are no words to describe it! This novel was truly amazing and I really want to continue with this series.

Character Analysis:
John- He is the helpless hero who eventually finds his way. Surprisingly, that didn't annoy me as much as it normally would have. In fact, it didn't irritate me at all. I rather liked seeing him this way.

Charles- He is the logical person who has a hard time believing anything that is not proven to him. In other words, he has to see it to believe it. I liked him a lot.

Jack- He is the rash, headstrong person who dives into things before he thinks about them properly. I didn't like him as much as I liked the others but  I didn't hate him either.

Bert- He is basically their guide throughout their adventure. I don't think he ever lead them astray.

Conclusion: 5/5 stars. I highly recommend this book to all fantasy lovers. If you haven't read this book, why haven't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment