Sunday 6 April 2014

Review No. 8: The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan


Description: The Red Pyramid is the first book in a trilogy called The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan. The novel begins with an introduction to Carter, one of the main characters. He goes with his dad to visit his sister, Sadie, and they take a 'field trip' to the museum. While they are there, their father blows up The Rosetta Stone and released a bunch of Egyptian gods and goddesses. Their dad is imprisoned by Set , one of the gods, and now Carter and Sadie must rescue their dad and save the world along the way. Of course, it's not as easy as it seems.

What I think about it: I could probably spend days trying to accurately describe this book; words do not do it justice. It was absolutely fantastic! The characters were amazing, the world building was perfect and the plot was action filled and brilliant. I enjoyed every minute of it! Although, the switches in points of view were sometimes confusing.

Character Analysis: (As always, I'll keep this very brief because if I say too much I could spoil things for some readers......so I'm sticking to the 2 main characters)

Carter - He's really the one who likes to follow the rules and he yearns for his dad's approval. I felt an immediate connection with him and I looked forward to the chapters that were from his point of view.

Sadie - She's the rebellious sibling. That really sums it up. She also really enjoys teasing Carter about anything and everything. I couldn't really connect with her the first time I read this book but now I think she's grown on me.

Conclusion: 5/5 stars. This is one of my favorite books and I can't wait to read the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment